This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing, international accounting and consulting firm. Our mission is to provide profit optimisation and efficiency consulting to restaurants and hospitality brands. We are looking for an innovative candidate with a client-centered approach – someone who is passionate about revolutionising the way analytics are conducted and eager to have an impact both internally and at the client-level. The title is ‘Senior Accountant’, but we are looking for someone with the mindset of an ‘External Controller/CFO.’
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Flexible working schedule
- Hybrid work policy
- Training & development opportunities
- Great social activities
- Company pension scheme
Roles and Responsibilities includes but not limited:
- You will be in charge of multiple clients and working on a team with many individuals in various roles. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing others and independently managing the workflow of multiple large projects.
- Translate raw data into meaningful analytics and provide insight and advice for clients with varying levels of financial literacy.
- Regularly communicate with our clients’ management to provide accurate reporting data and implement solutions to improve profitability and efficiency as needed.
- Take ownership of accounting functions, ensure that all books are properly maintained and that internal controls are in place to ensure financial reporting accuracy and efficiency.
- Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations (bank reconciliation, inter-company reconciliation, resolving discrepancies in various accounts as necessary)
- Advise clients on the best plan of action during periods of limited cash flow.
- Liaise with accountant to finalize year-end reporting or tax returns on behalf of clients.
- Verbally fluent. Actively listens and intuits what the speaker intends. Writes clearly and concisely in a manner that is appropriate for the intended audience
- Ensure all deliverables are delivered on time and in accordance with agreed SLAs. The deliverables include monthly accounts, audit packs and other reports relevant to the client.
- Advise clients on the data within the management accounts, educating the client with how to use the information to drive decisions and strategies.
- Communicate regularly with our clients to ensure we are adding value to them at all times.
- Act as advisor to clients for their business in relation to their finances and act sounding board for them when they reach out for advice and support
- Prepare forecasts and budgets for clients
- Review and maintain aged debtors report weekly, and ensure overdue balances are followed-up
- Review and maintain aged creditors report weekly, and ensure overdue balances are flagged to the management. Process weekly/monthly payment runs per agreed payment terms
- Co-ordinate information flow between our back-office and client
- Ensure that all the reporting deadline targets are met – VAT returns, PAYE payments etc.
- Perform ad-hoc cost analysis requested by the management
- Identify and analyse trends and key performance indicators
- Coach and mentor new recruits in team
- General accounting and financial reporting experience is a must.
- Strong understanding of debits and credits, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals/prepayments, and journal entries.
- Resiliency. Effectively deals with ambiguity. Quickly recovers from adversity, obstacles, or changes in plans or direction and processes events from a business and practical perspective
- Ability to delegate, deliver under tight deadlines, and juggle multiple projects is essential.
- Great communications skills – both written and verbal.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in accounting. Restaurant/Hospitality experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in Accounting or Finance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel & Outlook.
- You’ve directly supported customers.
- Experience in restaurant industry in is preferred.
- A contagious sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Must be comfortable working with technology and fluent in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with a SaaS (software) company preferred
How to apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A UK-BASED ROLE.
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV/resume to email@example.com